10 Ways Home Automation Can Simplify Your Life
Smart home capabilities include more than just automated lighting and temperature control.
Home automation is no longer perceived as a futuristic concept. Rather, it is a form of accessible present-day technology that can create a home experience with a seamless control over Audio/Video, appliances, lighting, climate, devices and all aspects of the home.
How Does Smart Home Automation Work?
The way home automation works are the devices of your home are networked together. Homeowners and business owners are then able to control these devices and appliances through control4 technology, primarily from their smartphone, remotes, wall switches or installed wall tablets. Now, with recent technological advances in home automation, your home environment can become interconnected with the change taking place at the touch of your fingers or upon voice command.
The concept of smart homes, while still luxurious, is no longer unattainable. It is here and now, and entirely accessible to you; a few wire installations and your home is an entirely different experience.
Who could benefit from home automation? Any family or homeowner looking to simplify their home, maximize their experience and minimize clutter, especially with unappealing wires.
10 ways smart homes can simplify your life
- Start your morning coffee from bed: With the press of a button on your phone, quickstart your coffee machine in your kitchen to get your morning cup of coffee brewed and ready for you.
- Minimize your collection of TV remotes down to just one: One remote to turn the TV on, one remote for the DVD player, one for volume, one for channels – it’s all too much! Using one remote (yes really just one!) control all aspects of your media, including other home appliances like lighting or surround sound volume.
- Your favorite movies, all in one place: Kaleidescape is the ultimate home movie experience by creating an easy-to-use instant movie playback of all your favorite movies. Think of Netflix, with WAY more options, better customization, and extraordinary 4K HDR media quality.
- Play music from anywhere in the house: Having a party and your phone speakers aren’t cutting it? Using control4 technology, set up your music to play in any room, throughout the whole house, or even outdoors.
- Hidden wire installation for a clean space: Unsightly wires can ruin a home’s decor. With expert wire installation, you’ll never have to worry about “which wire goes where?” or tripping over them. Containing them into one concise, seamless space of the home is not only smart, it maximizes your space in the house.
- Security video access: Access security footage of your home, both indoors and outdoors, and be notified of all types of security alerts and facial recognition.
- Alerts and notifications for when you forget something: Forgot to shut off the lights? Forget to close the garage door? Set up automatic alerts and confirmation codes so that your home can automatically remember what you forget to do.
- Automatic lighting changes for the morning, day, evening and night: How many of us wake up to harsh lighting and an aggressive iPhone alarm clock? With home automation, gently wake up to the sounds of meditative music and dim lighting at the time you need to wake up to start your day.
- Easily control your home climate: Like sleeping in cooler weather, but want to keep the AC down during the day? Home automation can be customized to your unique temperature wants and needs.
- Everything (literally everything) can be at the click of a button: Your home, controlled at your fingertips.