Doing Our Part In The Fight Against COVID-19
Over the past several months, COVID-19 has swept around the world, leaving a trail of fear and sickness in its wake. And though there’s plenty about it that doctors and scientists are still trying to uncover, the basics of how it spreads and impacts people are becoming clear. This is a novel coronavirus that primarily jumps from person to person via respiratory droplets that become airborne when an infected person talks, coughs, or sneezes. Once infected, it targets the respiratory system as well as the cardiovascular system. And though many people show no symptoms, a significant percentage of the infected experience severe symptoms – including the possibility of death.
Epic Systems Tech is dedicated to doing its part in the fight against COVID-19. That’s why we’ve put a host of protocols in place that are recommended by both the World Health Organization (WHO) and the US Center for Disease Control (CDC). We believe that if we work together and all do our part, we can slow the spread of COVID-19 until there’s either a vaccine or a cure.
So, what are we doing to help flatten the curve?
- Any of our employees who show symptoms associated with COVID-19 are required to stay home until symptoms have been gone (without the help of medicine that relieves symptoms) for at least 24 hours. These symptoms include fever, loss of taste or smell, coughing, sneezing, chronic aches, etc. Employees are expected to notify their supervisor as well as their healthcare provider if they suspect they may have COVID-19 or if they’ve been around someone who has recently tested positive.
- All of our technicians have received hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol so that they can keep their hands clean. Hand sanitizer has also been placed prominently in our showroom, offices, and work sites so that it’s always available for our employees and customers. In addition to hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes will also be provided in all of these locations so that commonly touched items and surfaces can be regularly cleaned. We’re also requiring our employees to consistently wash their hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Any employees who have recently traveled to a high-risk location or who have interacted with someone who has tested positive will be required to go through a CDC-directed risk assessment. If it’s likely that this employee may have been infected, he/she will be asked to self-quarantine for fourteen days.
- All of our installers and technicians are following strict protocols and guidelines to ensure that the risk of unintentionally spreading COVID-19 is minimized.
- All of our employees have been instructed to refrain from shaking hands and they’ve been encouraged to maintain a social distance of at least six feet from anyone else – employee or customer.
- Any work that can be done remotely will be. Technicians will speak with customers on the phone to determine whether a solution can be found before performing an on-site visit.
- If you’d feel more comfortable, our technicians can wear N95 masks while working in your home or business. Simply make a request and we’ll happily comply.
- We are doing everything we can to ensure that our employees have the resources and sick leave they need to care for themselves and their families in the event that anyone in their household comes down with COVID-19.
- Our job site managers are staying actively connected to clients and doing everything they can to ensure that clients are comfortable with our technicians and installers being on-site. In addition, we are keeping a maximum of 10 people at any one Jobsite in order to minimize the risk of widespread infection.
- We ask all of our clients to please let us know if you or anyone in your family has symptoms related to COVID-19 or has recently spent time around someone who has tested positive.
- We understand that these are unprecedented and chaotic times. That’s why we’re committed to doing our part in the fight against COVID-19. We believe that if we’ll all pitch in, we’ll get through this together and be stronger as we come out on the other side.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding.