Smart lighting will subtly, but effectively, influence the ambiance of a home, complementing the aesthetics of its décor, while also providing convenience and energy efficiency.
Brighten or dim any light in the room—or the entire house—with a single touch. Or automate lighting to respond to your life, without any touch at all. The house can even appear occupied when no one is home.
It’s not just smart, it’s brilliant
The benefits of smart lighting aren’t limited to new homes and construction projects. Even dwellings that are centuries old can be automated with the brilliance of Control4.
Epic Systems, an independent, certified Control4 dealer based in North & Central NJ can provide you with everything you need to transform your home into a smart home.
Go Ahead—Make a “Scene”
Smart Lighting is controlled—or how a mood is set in each room—is as unique and personal as the home itself and the people who live in it. Plus, when smart lighting is tied to other systems in the home—such as the music, shades, temperature, security and more—the possibilities are virtually endless. Epic Systems will help determine the best way for smart lighting automation to tailor to your life.
- A “Cooking” scene starts a playlist and brings the kitchen lights up while dinner is being prepared.
- A “Goodnight” button turns off all lights, locks the doors, arms the security system and turns the
thermostat back to a desired setting.
- Lights in the house turn on automatically as the garage opens, offering a safe welcome home.
- Motion sensors provide hands-free illumination, marking a pathway to the bathroom or kitchen in the evening.
- A tap on a Control4 touch screen or smartphone turns off the lights in the theater and starts the movie.
- From under the roof to under the stars, smart lighting can light up the deck and emphasize water features in the back yard.
Centralized Lighting allows for dimming, switching and load management to be performed by modules that are tucked away in a closet, to avoid disrupting the aesthetics of a home with lots of keypads
Beauty & Intelligence
Control4 keypads provide a stunning interface for any Control4 Smart Home, combining flexible button configurations with beautiful colors and finishes.
- Customizable, backlit engraved buttons allow for quick control of favorite scenes.
- Buttons can be configured using five different button sizes for a total of 38 possible configurations and can be reconfigured whenever a change is needed or desired.
- LEDs provide quick visibility to which lights or scenes are currently activated.
- The bottom button can be designated as up and down volume controls.
- Mix-and-match engraved buttons with sleek, screwless faceplates in 12 stylish colors and finishes.
- Available in 120V, 240V or 277V.
With configurable, custom engraved buttons, everyone will know what each button does. Built-in sensors change the button brightness depending on the lighting of the room, so they’re always perfectly lit.
Lighting & Home Automation
More Than Just Smart Lighting
Sure, a Control4 keypad can manage all of the lights in the house, but it also doesn’t have to be tied to a single light at all. Buttons can be programmed to handle virtually any non-lighting task, as well. Never before have you had this type of convenience right from the “light switch” on your wall
- Fire up a movie or your favorite Netflix® show.
- Lock and unlock the front door.
- Start or stop the sprinklers.
- Open and/or close the garage door.
- Arm or disarm the alarm.
- Start or stop your music and control the volume.
It’s also easy to brighten or dim any light in the room—or entire house—right from a Control4 touch screen
Beautiful Lighting that Saves the Energy Cost & Green
Control4 Smart Lighting is both beautiful and energy-efficient.
- Lights can be programmed to turn on when you enter a room and back off again when you’ve left.
- Outdoor lights automatically turn off before the sun comes up and back on again as the sun goes down.
- A “Goodbye” button lowers the shades, adjusts the heat and turns off the lights.
- Fixtures can be programmed to always illuminate at 80% to save on bulb life and be programmed to operate alongside the shades and thermostat to save money on the energy bill.
Epic Systems specialists are experts with countless ideas to help create uniquely personal smart lighting experiences in any home
Home Safety & Security
Home Lighting Automation for Better Safety
Epic Systems Smart Lighting is sophisticated enough to enhance safety and security within the home.
- While away, lights and shades—and even televisions— can activate in a random fashion so it appears that someone is home.
- Motion sensors can be programmed to turn lights on—inside or outside of the home—if the movement is detected, and then send you an alert when the sensor in that area is triggered.
- Lights in the home can flash on and off repeatedly when the security alarm is triggered, drawing more attention to a security breach.
With the Control4 App, an “Away” scene can be activated that alternates lights at home so it appears occupied.
Our advanced security sensors aren’t just for security. You can program them to automate any of our other features – from lighting to climate control.
Colors & Finish Options
Give your home the Smart Lighting it deserves with Beautiful Colors & Finish.
Get Started With Your Smart Lighting Automation Project!
Epic Systems is a Home Automation & Smart Lighting Company, inspired by ideas that promise more comfort, convenience, fun and peace of mind for our customers. We’re consistently driven to find ways to live smarter.
We partner with highly trained system smart lighting designers and installers who share our vision and passion for smarter living. By sharing with them how you want to live, they can leverage our solutions to help you create the smart home of your dreams.
Fill out the form below and one of our Smart Lighting Automation Specialist will get back to you shortly.